At ACHC, Dr. Knapp offers a comprehensive running assessment that will help you reach an optimal running form. The assessment includes specific functional testing that will identify movement imbalances.
Following the functional assessment, a gait analysis is taken which includes side and posterior views of your running gait with and without footwear. Phil then uses the videos to identify any problem areas with your running technique, efficiency, and force distribution, as well as any footwear issues that could be hindering your run.
How it works and what you get?
A test session takes 30-45 minutes from start to finish:
- When you have booked a session you simply show up at the clinic. If you are a new client to the clinic you will be asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete some paper work, if you a current chiropractic client you will not have to fill out paper work. Please wear or bring your running attire to the clinic, as you will be running.
- You will run on a treadmill for a few minutes, at different speeds to warm-up. You will continue running for an additional 5-10 minutes while your running motion is recorded.
- Dr. Knapp will analyze the videos and generate a written analysis that will include still shots and written descriptions of any problem areas or technique errors.
- Your printed package will also include specific stride efficiency and rehabilitative exercises to help you reach your goals and achieve an optimal running stride.
What to wear
- Running clothes, ideally shorts and a t-shirt
- Running shoes, preferably clean and the ones you are currently wearing or wear the most.