As the Dead Bug Level 1 becomes easier, it is time to progress to the Level 2 version. If you don’t have a stability ball at home, grab a big throw pillow, basketball, or a rolled up blanket to have something to press into.
- Lifting knees up to 90 degrees, and having arms straight up towards the ceiling hold the ball between your knees and hands
- Set your core, by breathing into your stomach, exhaling and pressing low back down into the ground, and squeezing your pelvic floor muscles
- Gently press both hands and both knees into the ball
- Slowly lower opposite arm, and opposite leg towards the ground (making sure your back is flat against the ground and you have good core and pelvic floor engagement the whole time)
- If you feel like you are losing that core activation as you are moving your limbs, take it back a step, and don’t move your arms and legs as far
- Repeat 5-10 times per side, 2-3 repetitions